Collection of feature-rich applications coupled with the benefits of offering a completely virtualized network helps Service Providers become more competitive than ever with broader service catalogue
PLANO, Texas — June 3, 2014 — Netsocket, a technology leader in virtualized, software-defined networking, today launched the capability for automated application delivery, along with an expansive set of virtual open source and commercial applications (vApps) further extending the features and functionality of its Netsocket Virtual Edge solution. Netsocket’s Virtual Edge delivers to managed service providers (MSPs) all of the full benefits of virtualized networking at the edge to better support their SMB and distributed enterprise customers while dramatically improving their bottom line.
Service Delivery Extensibility And Agility With vApps
Netsocket’s Virtual Edge solution delivers cloud-based, automated service creation, delivery, management and orchestration for a wide range of virtualized applications. Optimized for SMB and enterprise branch offices, Virtual Edge virtualizes WAN/LAN edge networking functions including routing, switching, firewall and tunneling. Now Virtual Edge is capable of automated application delivery of a new suite of Netsocket qualified third party applications called vApps, which significantly broadens the service catalogue that MSPs can offer their customers. All applications, both networking and non-networking, are hosted on the Virtual Edge’s MicroCloud Server, a commodity x86 platform. vApps available today include:
- FortiGate™ from Fortinet™ Advanced Security/Firewall/IDS/IPS
- Snorby Open Source Firewall/IDS/IPS
- Unifi™ from Ubiquiti Networks™ WiFi™ Controller
- Pandora Open Source Remote Monitoring / Management
- QFlex™ Enterprise Session Border Controller (eSBC) from GENBAND™
- OpenVPN Open Source VPN aggregator and client
- FreePBX Open Source IP-PBX
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials Software Infrastructure from Microsoft™
- Cacti Open Source Performance Visualization
- “Generic” debian™ Linux™ VM VM for MSP-installed apps and tools
"Netsocket’s Virtual Edge is a compelling solution for MSPs that are looking to improve and extend the reach of their IT services," said Stephan Tallent, director MSSPs Americas for Fortinet. "We are pleased to have FortiGate as a featured vApp that allows MSPs to include an Advanced Security and Firewall offering for their customers.” Fortinet’s award-winning FortiGate network security platform delivers unmatched performance and protection while simplifying the network.
Transforming The Profitability Model For MSPs
With Netsocket’s Virtual Edge solution, Resellers and MSPs can now offer their SMB customers the same large enterprise-capable routing functions and other IT services via a completely automated cloud-based deployment with no truck roll. Through Netsocket’s model, service providers are able to layer services at greater margins than traditional hardware resellers and are able to deliver a virtualized edge network service at a very low operational cost, without infrastructure build-out. Netsocket’s Virtual Edge with vApps provides:
• Increased managed service catalogue depth - Virtual Edge allows hosting of a multi-vendor best-of-breed networking and business applications;
• Limitless set of qualified vApps - Any application that can run in a virtual machine is a candidate for automated application delivery by Virtual Edge;
• No up-front data center infrastructure costs for reduced capex and appliance bloat - vApps are hosted on the same MicroCloud Server that hosts the networking functions. Simple drag and drop GUI-based configuration and management allows MSPs to start selling the solution immediately;
• Dramatically reduced lifecycle opex and increased operating margins - MSPs can reduce opex for site-based applications by 10:1 over non-virtualized, appliance-based applications and;
• Expanded geographical footprint - Virtual Edge allows an MSP to extend their geographical footprint beyond the reach of their truck fleet, yielding much more responsive service through centralized service desk operations.
“Netsocket is a valued member of the MSPAlliance," commented Charles Weaver, CEO of MSPAlliance. "Netsocket, with its Virtual Edge solution and their new virtual applications, is very well positioned to aid MSPs in making this dynamic transition and presents them with an opportunity to achieve a new business model for themselves and their SMB customers with the benefits of virtualized networking."
Netsocket’s Virtual Edge and vApps are available today and can be deployed via three models of the MicroCloud Server, depending on the requirements for performance and number of applications to be hosted. For a limited time only, Netsocket is offering a Pilot Kit for evaluation. The Pilot Kit is configured to support one site and consists of the Virtual Edge software suite, a MicroCloud Server, a MicroCloud Switch, a selection of open source vApps, as well as first year software service and support and is priced at $850. For detailed information, MSPs can visit the Netsocket Virtual Partner Program.
“MSPs are facing increased competition from all sides as the SMB market offerings evolve. Netsocket continues to innovate our virtualized networking solutions through the lens of our MSP customers. Netsocket’s Virtual Edge ensures MSPs have the greatest flexibility and agile service delivery model possible to provide IT services to their SMB customers”, added Fletcher Hamilton, president and CEO of Netsocket. “
Netsocket, a technology leader in virtualized, software-defined networking (SDN) and automated application delivery, is igniting the transformation of how Managed Service Providers can simply and affordably design, deploy, and deliver extensible managed services to their enterprise and SMB customers. The company’s flagship solution – Netsocket’s Virtual Edge, is powered by its award-winning software-defined networking architecture, and delivers cloud-based automated application delivery and network orchestration via a robust suite of applications. By providing a completely virtualized network and application delivery platform, Service Providers can now greatly increase average revenue per user, reduce their bottom line, and boost their profitability by delivering a broader set of managed service offerings. To discover how Netsocket can virtualize your world, visit www.netsocket.com.