Netsocket’s Virtual Edge is an edge virtualization solution for branch offices of distributed SMBs and enterprises. Virtual Edge virtualizes WAN-LAN edge networking functions including routing, switching and firewall, and hosts them on a commodity x86 server - the MicroCloud Server. Because the MicroCloud Server is virtualized, it can host many other virtual applications, whether they deliver networking or non-networking functionality. Virtual Edge automates the installation, network provisioning and initial configuration of multiple commercial and open source virtualized applications called vApps on the MicroCloud Server.
- Netsocket Virtual Edge Solution: A New Opportunity for Managed/Cloud Service Providers
- Automated Application Delivery: Enabling Extensible Managed Services at the Network Edge
- Netsocket's Virtual Edge - Powered by Intel Technology
- Edge Virtualization and the MicroCloud
- Netsocket Virtual Network for Distributed Enterprises
- Heavy Reading White Paper: Delivering on the Promise of SDN and Network Virtualization Today