Current software-defined networking (SDN) and virtualized networking (NV) solutions are focused on virtualizing network functionality within the data center and the metropolitan area network (MAN). While these solutions and their underlying technologies are optimized for the data center and metro content distribution networks, they are not optimized for the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) edge environments of a highly-distributed enterprise. Netsocket Virtual Network (NVN) fills this void with a low-cost, efficient, centrally-managed virtual network specifically optimized for the enterprise LAN and WAN edge network deployment. Immediate benefits include capex savings of 3:1 and lifecycle opex savings of 5:1 over single-purpose, hardware-based legacy networking solutions. Longer-term benefits include network deployment agility, enhanced network service visibility and automated, policy-controlled network recovery on service degradation.
- Netsocket Virtual Edge Solution: A New Opportunity for Managed/Cloud Service Providers
- Automated Application Delivery: Enabling Extensible Managed Services at the Network Edge
- Netsocket's Virtual Edge - Powered by Intel Technology
- Edge Virtualization and the MicroCloud
- Netsocket Virtual Network for Distributed Enterprises
- Heavy Reading White Paper: Delivering on the Promise of SDN and Network Virtualization Today